We are delighted to report that ICHK has scored exceptionally well in the International Schools Survey 2016.
Parents at 53 schools across Hong Kong were asked for their opinions and their overall satisfaction of International Schools.
The Survey measured perceptions of primary and secondary international education and the attributes and criteria that parents value most for their children’s learning. It was conducted by Agenda in partnership with the SCMP Education Post and MMG Education.
In almost every single area, ICHK scored higher than the average scores collected from all other schools. Parents from both campuses took part.
When asked if their expectations had been met or exceeded, some of the key findings from ICHK parents include:
- Quality of teachers – 95%. (Hong Kong average 91%)
- Reputation for providing a balanced, challenging, well-rounded education – 99%. (Hong Kong average 89%).
- Focus on student wellbeing, providing a safe and caring environment – 100%. (Hong Kong average 92%).
- Ethos of the school – 99%. (Hong Kong average 91%).
- Reputation for providing high academic standards – 91%. (Hong Kong average 87%).
- Experience with the school 97% (Hong Kong average 91%).
- Class sizes 99% (Hong Kong average 87%).
- Chinese language programme – 87%. (Hong Kong average 67%).
The overall ICHK parent ‘expectations met or exceeded’ score was 91%, above the average school score of 85%.
It is particularly rewarding that the survey revealed such high satisfaction levels in the key areas of :
1. Quality of teachers,
2. Reputation for providing a balanced, challenging, well-rounded education.
3. Focus on student wellbeing, providing a safe and caring environment.
At ICHK our whole strategic direction is built around these indicators and striving to achieve them underpins all our teaching and learning.
Parental feedback is very important to us as part of our drive for continual improvement, and we are delighted that so many other strengths were also identified. Thank you to all our parents who took the time to complete the survey.